Marketing Communications Executive - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 04-Jul-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A vacancy has arisen for a Marketing Communications Executive in the Enthusiast department within the Art & Antiques Portfolio working on The Art & Antiques Fair Olympia (part of the House & Garden Festival) and The Winter Art & Antiques Fair.
The Art & Antiques Fair Olympia takes place in June and is in it’s 47th year and is London’s longest-running art and antiques fair. The Fair presents over 100 leading British and international art galleries and antique dealers. The Winter Art & Antiques Fair takes place in early November with over 70 of the top UK’s dealers. Both fairs have a loyal following amongst dealers and a good reputation.
At both fairs all content is vetted to guarantee quality and originality. Visitors can buy with confidence from a wide range of periods and styles. The variety of pieces on offer include furniture, art, sculpture and objects, jewellery, textiles, glass and ceramics. The Fair also offers a schedule of specialist talks. The Fairs attract thousands of collectors, connoisseurs, interior designers, high net worth individuals home owners.
The Marketing Communications Executive will assist the Marketing Manager with the implementation of the event’s marketing campaign. They will report into the Marketing Manager who will continue to provide them with leadership, support and guidance on campaign implementation as well as personal development support to enable the right candidate the opportunity to grow within the portfolio.
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic, articulate and dedicated Marketing Communications Executive to assist the Marketing Manager and Senior Marketing Executive to deliver a highly focused and powerful marketing campaign. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the factors that drive the Art & Antiques market and will have a good understanding of the marketing disciplines.
- Assist in the implementation of promotional campaigns for marketing The Art & Antiques Fair Olympia to achieve stated objectives
- Assist in the organisation of all promotional activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed budgets
- Work closely with in-house design team to create artwork as required in line with show branding
- Write copy in line with developed show branding
- Build and implement email campaigns in Pardot
- Administer processes to comply with the data strategy and implementation of all Direct Marketing
- Building good communication with exhibhitors to instill confidence in marketing campaign
- General liaison with PR agency
- Develop and maintain systems and processes (Marketing manual requests, e-tickets, update daily ticket reports, GA/Digital reporting etc.)
- Build, maintain and coordinate marketing partnerships
- Assist in building a programme of specialist talks
- Support the Marketing Manager in the market intelligence gathering process
- Manage and maintain product websites, and contribute to their ongoing development
- Provide the Marketing Manager with on-going and comprehensive post campaign reports and recommendations for future improvements
- Remain up-to-date with latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Art & Antiques market would be advantageous
- Knowledge of both on and offline marketing and understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can deliver
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrated in project management and planning
- Excellent attention to detail; strong copy writing, proofing and analytical skills
- Understanding of databases and segmentation techniques
- Understanding of tracking and response reporting
- A desire to learn about the art & antiques market
- Hard work ethic are essential to balance a varied and dynamic workload
- Cost control and negotiation skills
- Abiltiy to work well individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.