Knowledge and Events Senior Executive - IMEX
- Closing date: 06-Jan-2020
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Olivia Goldman
- Email: email@example.com
IMEX Group - What We Do
IMEX Group delivers two vibrant trade shows each year for the global meeting and events industry. IMEX in Frankfurt and IMEX America (Las Vegas) each attract around 15,000 participants.
Our shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between exhibitors (who include international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies and tech providers) and meeting and event planners.
Every show also features professional, free education and numerous networking and co-located events run by our global partner network. This means our IMEX shows have become must-attend events for anyone working in the meeting and events industry.
Based within the Knowledge Team of 8 the core elements of the role will be:
- Plan and deliver our Education Programmes for both IMEX in Frankfurt and IMEX America.
- Develop new and existing partner relationships. This will help drive through new elements to the education program.
- Assist with the management of our Sustainability Programmes
- Actively contribute ideas and action to our innovative and ever evolving education programmes.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Education Programme (with administrative support) – You will be responsible for the communication with speakers, gathering speaker details and updating education sessions. Internally you will be responsible for ensuring all the meeting space is secured.
Marketing Liaison– you will be responsible for ensuring all printed material deadlines are met including signage, show planner and education listings. Also ensuring that the Knowledge and Events web-pages are up to date with the marketing team and that they are well informed.
Sustainability Programmes – You will be an active member of the Green Squad and assist with the driving forward of initiatives internally and externally. This also involves managing the prestigious Innovation in Sustainability Award and working closely with our partners. You will be integral to the data capture measurement process as well, working with our Sustainability Consultant.
Web-site Updates – you will be responsible for overseeing web-site updates on behalf of the Knowledge team
Event Ref and App Champion – you will be the link between the Knowledge team and Event Technology team, ensuring that all issues are raised and reported to the Event Technology team for resolution.
Insights and Data – analyse post show surveys, statistics and demographics information and research with other team members.
- 3-5 years event management experience is required with strong on-site experience
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task and use own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player, able to work independently, but also as part of a team
- Coach and support more junior team members
- Passionate about projects
- Self-motivated and confident to move projects forward
- Adaptable and approachable
- Passionate about sustainability
- Have a ‘join the dots’ mentality to see the bigger overall picture
IMEX Group - Our Values
Led by a young, pioneering CEO, Quality, Inspiration and Collaboration are the company values that underpin everything we do. Our “organising principle” is The Family Table which describes the spirit of our leadership team and our 60+ employees. In short, everyone has a place. Everyone has a voice.
IMEX Group - Our Team Rewards
Join our hardworking, innovative and collaborative team and you’ll receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- Newly refurbished, central Brighton & Hove offices with subsidised parking
- Generous pension and bonus
- Private healthcare
- A 35-hour working week with some life, work balance flexibility
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Travel to Frankfurt and Las Vegas – extensive European and global travel for some positions
- Monthly “First Friday” drinks with guest speakers and even a wrap party in Las Vegas!
- Recognition programme to reward good deeds and make the office a fun place to work
- A culture promoting your health – In-house Pilates, massages, meditation…and fruit!
- Personal development opportunities ranging from access to ground breaking conferences to in-house training and team building days
- Social responsibility and sustainable practices are important to IMEX – We love a good bake day to raise funds for our chosen local charities and our Green Squad will even help to reduce your own carbon footprint!
How to apply
Send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org