International Sales Manager - Clarion Energy
- Closing date: 03-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious & talented individual, to join the largest division of Clarion Events as an International Sales Manager. The candidate will be responsible for Global Key Account sales into launch events planned in new territories for the Power & Energy Series reporting into the Group Commercial Director for the Power & Energy Series. There will be an opportunity to travel internationally and meet clients face to face. The role will involve working from the Fulham Green office collaborating with project teams and global key account handlers who are based overseas.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and sales skills, as well as have a positive ‘can-do’, attitude. Additional languages to English (reading, writing and speaking) would be a benefit for this role as well as the ability to develop good client relationships both on the phone and face-to-face. The successful candidate will be a tenacious, hungry & motivated self-starter, who can employ a consultative sales approach.
- To meet international stand & sponsorship sales targets on new launch events for the Power & Energy Series.
- Telephone and face-to-face stand & sponsorship sales with Global Key Accounts for new launches of the Power & Energy Series.
- Management of International Sales Agent network for stand & sponsorship sales into launches of the Power & Energy Series.
- Successful collaboration with Clarion Energy Global Key Account Handlers based in Americas, EMEA and APAC offices to close won opportunities new launches.
- Successful collaboration with regionally appointed partners and PES offices responsible for new launch event delivery.
- Providing feedback on performance and compliance KPI’s to direct reports using Salesforce metrics.
- Personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce.
- Effectively work through MQL’s.
- Develop own SQL’s.
- Lead sourcing via competitive events, industry press, social media and desk research.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly achieve weekly KPI’s: 7 hrs x call time, 50 x activities (effective calls / meetings and/or qualified proposal issued), 15 x new opportunities,15 x stage movements,1 x closed won opportunity
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Working with senior management to produce and implement commercial plan.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Providing senior management weekly international sales reports, utilizing Salesforce.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner, outside of core selling time.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site in a timely fashion.
- Working on site during the buildup, open period and breakdown of all the shows.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, ops, finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows.
- Attend industry functions & exhibitions when required – this will be overseas; therefore the right candidate must be prepared to travel abroad; including overnight stays.
- Liaising with the Finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary, flagging up early to Group Commercial Director and Finance team, any potential ‘risk/bad debt’ clients.
- Attending training courses as directed by the line manager.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the sales process – previous sales training courses highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable consultative sales skill set; with a hunger to reach and exceed sales targets.
- Ability to manage their own time effectively, ensuring high productivity levels at all time, whilst working calmly under pressure.
- An interest in Power & Energy sector and passionate about customers, providing trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- The ability to learn market insights quickly and apply to sales proposition.
- Strong presentation, listening and communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work, being ambitious and driven, whilst taking pride in their work.
- Quick with initiative and not afraid to try out ideas.
- Assertive, confident and determined.
- Strong IT skills.