Sales Executive, IBTM
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.co.uk
Job Title: Sales Executive, ibtm events
Reports to: Sales Manager/Head of Sales
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide.
With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Sales Executive to join the Reed Travel Exhibition’s Meetings and Incentives Portfolio – ibtm events, including: ibtm world – the leading MICE Exhibition held annually in Barcelona ibtm arabia, ibtm china, AIME in Australia, ibtm america and ibtm latin america. You will have a proven track record of exceeding targets and a tenacious can do approach. The ability to build rapport with potential and existing clients is vital. Experience within exhibitions would be an advantage.
- Selling exhibition space, sponsorship and digital advertising to both existing and most importantly new exhibitors - primarily over the telephone with some face to face where required
- Qualifying and converting incoming enquiries for the ibtm portfolio
- Management of individual activity to ensure that individual targets are achieved
- Manage a set of prospect data to maximise productivity and sales
- Self-source leads - prospecting via social media, newsletters, publications and competitor events
- Build relationships with clients and prospects - understanding their businesses and marketing needs
- Effective pipeline management to ensure continuous prospect opportunities
- Attend some of the RTE events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally)
- Accurate and effective data input to ensure accurate sales reports can be generated
- Daily recording of sales activities through the Sales Tool – Salesforce.com, sales funnel management
Ideal candidate profile:
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic sales professional
- Sales experience, ideally from the exhibition, travel industry or from a business to business environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop face to face sales techniques
- High levels of customer focus and support
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- Ability to maintain a database of existing and potential clients
- Excellent administrative skills
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- Team player and contributor with flexible attitude
- Hunter sales mentality and target driven
- An ability to assimilate and practice sales principles and methodology
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE