Senior Sales Executive EMR (maternity cover)
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.co.uk
Job Title: Senior Sales Executive
Oil and Gas portfolio incl. Offshore Europe 2019 and ENGenious 2020
Reports to: Sales Manager
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2015 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 40 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Sales Executive to join the fast growing Energy and Marine group has arisen. We are looking for a bright, creative, efficient and highly organised individual to join the Oil & Gas portfolio, delivering both domestic and International sales on Offshore Europe 2019 and ENGenious 2020. You will have a proven track record of exceeding targets and of building rapport with potential and existing clients. Experience within exhibitions or the energy industry would be an advantage.
- Develop an understanding of the Energy market, its vendors and needs.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, understanding their businesses and marketing needs, and be seen as part of the industry.
- Ability to sell to senior level prospects and customers, keeping a good balance between face-to-face and telephone selling to achieve new business and increase revenues from existing customers.
- Floor plan management and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
- Effective management of CRM Campaigns across multiple events.
- Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections allowing the Sales Manager and Exhibition Director to budget accordingly.
- Sell exhibition space to both previous and new exhibitors over the telephone and face to face where required
- Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to deliver the sales plan and sales targets.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Proven and successful track record in a relevant sales environment, preferably in the oil and gas, energy or B2B exhibition industry
- Effective face-to-face sales ability at all levels.
- Effective telephone sales ability at all levels.
- Experience in consultative selling, maximising revenue from existing customers demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- A self-motivated individual with a determined, mature approach and prepared to go that extra mile to achieve/exceed sales targets
- Knowledge of the Energy sector would be an advantage but not essential.
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to Sandra Geluykens at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.