Head of Sales - Retail
- Closing date: 31-Jan-2020
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A rare opportunity has arisen for a talented Head of Sales to lead the sales campaigns on the top two events for the UK Furniture & Interiors sector in the UK: January Furniture Show & Manchester Furniture Show. Both b2b events are already on the path to significant growth, with the aim of leveraging their size and market dominance in the UK to compete on the international event circuit.
The successful candidate will have a clear track record of delivering high-turnover events and individual new business sales in the £20k-£100k per sale bracket and will excel on the phone, face-to-face and when attending competitive events.
Creative, tenacious and focused, the right candidate will possess the ability to tailor their approach to each prospect – from C-Level to smaller or family businesses - and be confident to close the deal.
In return they will have an opportunity to take advantage of the kind of opportunity that rarely presents itself in the event sales world and build their role through success.
- Take full revenue accountability for January Furniture Show and Manchester Furniture Show.
- Co-develop, present, implement, monitor and deliver a strategic, realistic and measurable Sales Plan for each show and sub-sector event to ensure deliver of revenue goals.
- Develop tactics to ensure successful delivery of the sales campaign and team that meet and exceed targets set, including overall numbers of stand sales, exhibitor number, exhibitor mix, sponsorship, yield and sponsorship and other revenues.
- Set and deliver event and individual team KPI’s in collaboration with the Event Director.
- Identify, assess and implement new revenue streams.
- Lead, mentor and support a team of experienced sales managers and other sales resources to sell and promote products and services optimally.
- Personally sell event space, sponsorship and add-ons to new prospects, existing and lapsed clients.
- Fully engage with and leverage the features of SalesForce, Pardot and other systems to maximise return and demonstrate team effort and efficacy.
- Set, monitor, evaluate and report on performance targets using SalesForce and ensure that all business SalesForce KPI’s and requirements are met.
- Ensure outbound sales effort and volumes and face-to-face meeting are met, both personally and across the sales team.
- Ensure that marketing strategy is aligned with the event’s commercial objectives, including vertical and horizontal activity
- Lead by example - deliver personal sales targets across the events, as well as Account Managing key clients as defined by the Event Director.
- Embed oneself in the Furniture & wider Interiors sectors, understand its trends and develop both events, as well as existing and new sub-sectors.
- Ensure all clients receive excellent customer service from point-of-sale to delivery at the show, always focussing on retention and growth to optimise the event’s Net Promotor Score.
- Manage potential cancellations and/or disputes and support debt recovery to ensure maximum revenue retention as per contract.
- Handle customer complaints professionally and timely to ensure excellent customer service, escalating only where necessary.
- Immerse yourself in the world of furniture & interiors from day one, keeping close to market news, trends and developments.
- Assist finance team in ensuring the timely payment of all customer invoices.
- Provide and manage a strategic event floor plan in conjunction with the Operations team – to ensure success for clients, as well as maximum revenue generation for the event and optimal yield.
- Work independently, with support, to reach and exceed the clear individual and team sales targets set, as well as other performance objectives given.
- Maintain and grow strong sales pipelines via proactive, outgoing sales effort as well as excellent personal time and priority management.
- Work with the Event Director to identify, pursue and deliver new sector opportunities.
- Arrange, plan and maximise return from external sales trips (including overseas) to include face-to-face appointments with prospective clients, focussing approach on the earliest possible close date.
- Assess ROI of attending competitive events and industry trade shows in the UK and Europe. Demonstrate ROI to the Event Director and outline a clear plan for team time allocated, meetings arranged and new business acquisition potential. Report on ROI for events attended by team.
- Ensure that all team members booked travel in good time and at the lowest rate.
- Manage incoming leads and sector-specific sales communications to improve acquisition and conversion of sales leads.
- Manage relationships with International Agents to ensure optimal revenue generation.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure effective exhibitor promotion and management of leads through SalesForce, Pardot etc.
- Work on site during the build-up, open period and breakdown of January Furniture Show, Manchester Furniture Show and other Clarion Retail shows as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a senior sales management role is a requirement.
- Solid Salesforce use and reporting skills.
- Highly self-motivated, driven, resilient and thrives in exciting, pressurized and challenging environments.
- Excellent communication skills: The right candidate will be authoritative, confident, creative and be able to tailor their approach to ‘the room’, both with clients and stakeholders. Outgoing individuals, with excellent social skills, who are used to dealing with a broad range of people at every level will be able to make the best of this opportunity.
- A hunger to reach and exceed sales targets with a positive, ‘can do’ approach to work will deliver rewards.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, pro-active and comfortable with taking responsibility and work on own initiative to achieve personal targets.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to source new leads.
- Demonstrate an ability to report activity and forecast future results effectively.
- Strong negotiation skills, utilized for driving sales.
- Be able to build trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- Strong objection avoidance and objection handling skills.
- Excellent self-starting, organisational and time management skills.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.