Head of Customer Success - Digital Marketing Sector
- Closing date: 31-May-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Clarion’s Digital Marketing portfolio is on a mission to create the largest gathering of digital marketers in the world. We are the fastest growing portfolio in Clarion and embrace innovation, mistakes and new ideas. We aim to put the customer at the heart of all decision making.
The major brands in the portfolio are Traffic & Conversion Summit and Affiliate Summit. Our events are unrivalled in size and market share. T&C is the largest digital marketing event in North America.
Affiliate Summit is the number one conference and tradeshow for the performance marketing industry internationally. The flagship Affiliate Summit show in Vegas brings together more than 6000 attendees.
This is a new role, created to lead our mission to become a truly customer centric business.
- Driving continuous improvement in NPS and other customer satisfaction metrics (including response times, attendee retention rates)
- Responsible for upholding the digital marketing portfolio Customer Charter
- Help foster culture of Customer Success
- Overall responsibility for the Customer Success team across Digital Marketing portfolio – AS, T&C and DAX
- Drive constant improvement by continually identifying and implementing quick wins to improve customer service offering
- Drive consistency across the portfolio in terms of processes that affect the customer experience in order to reduce customer effort (registration, hotel bookings, marketing emails, resource centres, FAQs, customer journey) and create a more seamless customer experience
- Develop longer term strategies to improve pre-show customer service via all touch points with customers across the portfolio – tech (webinars, optimal use of CS platform, web chat, chat bot), people, resources
- Create proactive, outbound customer success programme to engage with clients before they need to contact us
- Implement recommendations from Integration Manager Customer Success project
- Own relationship with Freshdesk – organise and support CS team by providing training and educational days via their academy programme
- Work with Operations to develop and implement plan of action for enhancing onsite customer experience for attendees, speakers and spex
- Manage mystery shopper project for exhibitor assessment
- Responsible for implementing customer care culture and team values across all CS Execs
- Create individual and team KPIs and objectives and put in place incentive programme to drive customer interaction and success
- Reporting and analysis – own all monthly/ weekly reporting to management regarding customer satisfaction / response times and delivering on the Customer Charter
- Recruit temps and train for peak season customer engagement (pre-show) where necessary. Map out resource requirements for the year to understand peak season points
- Collaborate with Ops regarding relationship with temp staff agency for onsite staff in terms of training and ensuring the temp staff are an extension of our team onsite
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure CS related questions are included in all feedback surveys
- Collaborate with relevant team members to implement improvements based on survey feedback
- Run telephone interviews with ‘Detractors’ from feedback surveys - listen to the dissatisfied customers and understand how we can improve based on their feedback
- Interview top customers on all shows to understand their ‘post sale’ experience of us/ their challenges/ successes, use as research to identify where to focus improvements.
- Understand customer lifetime value, and identifying the strategies needed to capture and retain that value.
- Gather a deep understanding of customer personas and ensure these are at the forefront of every decision
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of a customer service platform, principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative, and willing to challenge the way things have always been done
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional time management
- Deadline orientated
- Able to work as part of a team or on their own initiative
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Able to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.