Group Content Director - Energy
- Closing date: 30-Nov-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Content Director to join the Power & Energy Series (PES) as part of the Clarion Energy team in the Fulham Green office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the content of Indian Utility Week (IUW) and POWERGEN India (PGID) and other launches planned within the Power & Energy Series as well as driving several group content initiatives that support the existing core events & media.
The role will involve collaborating with project teams and content directors who are based in the global Clarion Energy offices with an opportunity to travel internationally.
We are looking for a team player who has strong commercial acumen, exceptional copy writing skill set and a proven track record of establishing and running extensive advisory networks.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and organise their time effectively. Budget management, energy market knowledge and digital experience are preferable.
Content Development for IUW/PGID and other PES Launches
- Serve as chair for event conference advisory/planning committee(s), which includes managing membership and size of committee, recruiting key committee members, creating summit and presentation theatre tracks/themes to remain current with industry trends, analyzing conference attendance and survey results.
- Work with sales to create content that helps generate sales leads, grow exhibitions and support existing key clients
- Work with marketing to create appropriate messaging to promote conference content to increase event exhibition and attendance
- Writing press releases, feature material and newsletters on latest industry/client developments, utilizing releases to promote our shows and clients’ involvement in them, arranging media interviews with clients
- Generate ideas and copy for online/e-newsletter content
- Use SEO techniques to drive audience to content
- Research, write, edit and proof-read digital copy, including news items, features, blogs/opinions, products and more
- Identify and recruit event speakers & VIPs to attend
- Identify potential event partners and work with these organizations to create partnerships and/or co-location agreements
- Present and moderate at conference sessions when necessary and create thought leadership onsite at events
- Serve as on-air anchor/video personality for regularly scheduled newscasts, as well as other video needs that arise
- Attend press conferences/events and industry trade shows to strengthen relationships with current and potential contributors, meet with existing and potential exhibitors and advertisers, and forge new contacts
Group Initiatives & Supporting the Core
- Explore additional launch opportunities for the PES Group
- Collaborate with regional PES offices and content directors to create strategies, to develop and share content that can be used across brand sites and digital products
- Collaborate with regional PES offices to identify where they see profile gaps and commercial opportunities for side events. Examples include Energy Capital Leaders, Renewable Energy Summit, Gas to Power Summit.
- Identify key topic areas and government/industry strategies to the market and write a business case for new/expanded products
- Identify key stakeholders for new/expanded products, both commercial and end user, and build proactive working groups
- Lead the global content initiatives across the group including working alongside regional content and VIP teams to develop global VIP and speaker delegations across the PES Group
- Identify potential event & association partners and work with these organizations to create partnerships and/or co-location agreements to support Global PES and regional event strategy
- Create and maintain social media presence via personal account to raise professional profile in industry by regularly posting, commenting, sharing, liking etc. industry news, company news, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical attention to detail combined with some creativity
- Deadline driven with strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Good management leadership skills and self-development plan
- Highly organised and independent
- To be able work calmly under pressure
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work
- Quick with initiative and not afraid to try out ideas
- Takes pride in their work
- Ambitious and driven
- Passionate about customers
- Strong IT Skills
- Effective active listening and communication skills
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.