The Food Portfolio
- Closing date: 02-Jun-2022
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Event Management
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Felicity Fieldsend
- Location: Brighton
- Company name: Diversified Communications UK
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01273645110
- Website: https://www.divcom.co.uk/careers/
Full time, permanent role
We are currently recruiting for a full time Event Manager on our award-winning trade show for Restaurants. This annual event is held at London, ExCeL
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for ambitious, focused events professionals looking to take the next step in their career. The successful candidates must be able to confidently convert sales, have very strong communication and organisation skills, with excellent attention to detail, as well as superb account management skills and the ability to manage a team.
We successfully organise 17 trade shows and 3 industry awards, all of which are leaders in their given sector. We are also publishers of two leading trade magazines and produce a range of digital products that support the industries we serve.
Over 80 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton office, all focused on creating the best possible face to face, digital and editorial experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on our working culture, that combines an entrepreneurial, 'can-do', attitude with a hardworking, but fun environment. Our modern offices are conveniently located 5 minutes from Brighton station, and our teams are the best in the business.
- To represent the brand as an ambassador, including attending relevant visitor networking events, competitive conferences and exhibitions
- Day to day management of sales utilising phone, email, video calling and face-to-face
- To write sales emails, reports, newsletter copy, copy for visitor and exhibitor campaigns
- Maintain & build new relationships with associations, media partners and key exhibitors
- Collaborate with other departments such as operations, marketing, design and finance, to ensure delivery of client needs
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop marketing campaign for the event
- To build and manage an industry leading seminar programme of industry speakers for the keynote theatres at the show
- To meet strict marketing and design deadlines for visitor and exhibitor campaign
- Work closely with the Operations Department for floorplan layout and management of stands, feature areas and pavilions
- Create, agree and deliver a sales strategy, targets and a tactical plan. This will form part of the annual business plans that you will produce
- Maintain regular contact with client accounts and formulate innovative, creative and profitable marketing solutions to increase the value of their business
- Identify and generate new sales and sponsorship opportunities and ideas
- Manage and complete an industry leading seminar programme of speakers for the show
- Take responsibility for social media and websites along with the marketing and PR team
- Nurture and maintain close relationships with key exhibitors and visitors
- Updating and maintaining all systems relevant to the event, including the salesforce exhibitor database, sales figures and contracts and floorplan
- To run the Casual Dining Awards (April 2023) with the Group Event Director, taking responsibility for sponsorship revenue (only applies to the Casual Dining Event Manager role)
- To manage a sales executive as a direct report
- To support and report directly to the Group Event Director
- A minimum of two years dedicated sales manager experience with a proven track record of results
- Experience within the events industry
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to think strategically
- An ability to network at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on, positive attitude as well as being a good team player
- Exceptional Organisational Skills: Your organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task, are second to none.
- Ability to work under pressure: You thrive at working under pressure but equally you plan ahead to ensure that you take advantage of down times. The nature of the events business is that customer enquiries hit their peak just as you reach your busiest stage in the planning cycle.
- Outstanding Customer Service: You naturally provide exceptional customer service and are always willing to go the extra mile for your clients.
- Fast Learner: You are a fast learner and are always keen to grow and develop.
- Proactive individual: You are a proactive individual who does everything to your best ability. You thrive when working for a company that is known as one of the best within the industry.
- Willingness to be flexible: You are a team player that is happy to assist with other team members tasks where required. If a new challenge is identified, you are happy to change focus and work towards the common goal.
- Excellent communication skills: There will be a lot of communication by email but on site you will be face to face with your clients so excellent communication skills are a must.
- Positive friendly attitude: You have a positive, ‘can do’ type of attitude that is always willing to give something a try.
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience plus commission
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Matched Pension contribution
- Excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, life insurance and critical illness cover as well as gym membership & classes contribution and cycle to work scheme
- A paid day to volunteer at a local charity and give back to the community
- Flexible working hours available
- A great working environment with lots of social activities
- Start Date: ASAP