Exhibitor Liaison & Marketing Assistant - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 01-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A temporary vacancy has arisen within the consumer department for a 6-7 month Exhibitor Liaison & Marketing Assistant.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to fast track their marketing career.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, articulate and dedicated temporary Exhibitor Liaison & Marketing Assistant to come and join us for a minimum of 5 months, to start immediately. The role would initially cover Spirit of Christmas Fair and The Luxury Travel Fair, then moving on to Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show and The Caravan & Motorhome Show, and would suit someone who is looking for some marketing experience and is keen to learn.
The Spirit of Christmas Fair portfolio presents multi-platform shopping experiences for discerning consumers. It is the leading consumer gift show in the UK and attracts over 900 small businesses and 50,000 visitors, and key brand partnerships. The event works alongside House & Garden magazine our media partner published by Condé Nast (Whose portfolio also includes Vogue, Vanity Fair and Tatler) ensuring the event is held in high regard within the market, and more recently The Times and The Sunday Times.
The Luxury Travel Fair is established as the must attend event for an exclusive set of high spending individuals looking for authentic and tailor-made travel experiences. Visitors can tailor-make their next awe-inspiring escape and uncover exclusive resorts and unique boutique hotels, luxury tour operators, first-class concierge companies, undiscovered destinations and original once-in-a-lifetime travel experience, plus hear exhilarating stories from our inspirational personalities in the Traveller’s Tales Theatre.
As the leading UK travel event, The Destinations Shows (London and Manchester) attract over 73,000 passionate, active and affluent travellers to discover the very best in new holiday experiences and the latest travel hotspots. The event is sponsored by the Times and also works with Stanfords to host the Travel Writers Festival with inspirational talks from explorers, adventurers, historians, novelists, TV personalities and many more.
The largest show of its kind, the Caravan and Motorhome Show Manchester offers the biggest choice of caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes anywhere in the North of England.
Working within the marketing team across these portfolios, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking and looking to help grow our visitor base. This role would be ideal for a recent graduate who is looking for their first role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, articulate and dedicated Exhibitor Liaison & Marketing Assistant to assist the Marketing team to deliver a highly focused and powerful marketing campaign. Excellent customer relations skills and a hard work ethic are essential to balance a varied and dynamic workload.
The position would be starting from early August until mid-February (includes working onsite at both shows).
Assisting the Marketing Manager and Senior Marketing Executive in:
- Building relationships with and providing customer service to relevant exhibitors and partners
- Assisting with the distribution of all promotional materials
- Maintaining and updating event websites
- Email and content research
- Basic design briefs
- Social Media
- Assisting in acquiring speaker and entertainment content
- Onsite delivery of the visitor experience including feature management
- Researching content for blogs and emails
- Maintain information on IT systems to enable management and tracking of campaign activity
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can deliver
- Knowledge and an interest in the retail and travel markets would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Public relations and marketing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Good attention to detail
- Articulate and naturally persuasive
- A quick learner
- A team player
- A keen interest in developing a Marketing career
- Good IT skills.
- Exemplary verbal and written English grammar
- Financial awareness.