- Closing date: 02-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Event Management
- Project Manager
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Greater London, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 02089107886
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com
Job Title: Event Director, Imbibe (12-month maternity cover)
Reports to: Portfolio Director, Imbibe & Aerospace
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The Event Director (ED) will have credibility in brand & product management and a proven track record of customer-focused leadership in their given sector/s. They will have a proven track record of sales management within a B2B environment. He/she should be experienced in establishing strategic alliances and developing new lines of business and products. They will be skilled in reviewing, recommending and integrating innovations. He/she will enjoy leading diverse teams of both direct and indirect reports demonstrating a
Purpose of the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and high
- Acts as a collaborative entrepreneur to see new possibilities, take in information and create insights to develop and maintain an understanding of customers’ needs and objectives through strong business relationships; effectively leverage support teams, not under their direct management (i.e.
actsas the ‘maestro’ or ‘conductor’).
- Directs sales and marketing strategies and execution to properly define and deliver the customer value proposition and deliver a combination of higher revenue and profits. The ED is responsible for the delivery of financial targets related to their products.
- To develop and implement future
strategy includingvisitor promotion and sales campaigns (in collaboration with Head of Marketing), the show features, educational programmes, cost-saving and identify future revenue growth.
- Creates superior customer solutions by identifying customer needs and problems that need to be solved and leveraging solutions to transform business needs. Collaborates successfully with others internally to share customer insights and know-how.
sustainablyhigh levels of employee performance by creating the optimal state for the Imbibe Team; grows skillsand capability by focusing efforts on building the capacity of their business area
- Maintains team focus by
prioritising, sequencing and focusing energy; leads a holistic approach to planning to ensure commitments are delivered on time and to high quality.
- Prior Knowledge: Market and sector understanding, sufficient to have a dialogue with, and gain the respect of customers, trade bodies, sales, and marketing staff. They are experienced at using enabling technology including data, digital and mobile to deliver improved customer experience.
- Expertise: Several years’ experience in a commercial environment in brand management and/or product management focused role/s with experience of Profit and Loss management.
- Brand and Product Focus: A proven ability to adapt as a product manager to different industries is important. Highly developed industry insights with and a capacity for understanding the issues of their given sector is preferred. The role holder needs to exhibit a keen understanding of the customer market, the product category, and the competitive landscape. They should understand specific market factors such as customer segments and their needs; buyer
behaviours; competitive landscape; product features; trends impacting target customers (i.e. relevantgeographic, economic, technology trends).
- Commercial Focus: Proven success of the delivery of financial targets is important.
- Leadership Capability: Experience of building and managing professional teams, preferably in international business.
Interested? If this position interests you, kindly submit your application to this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PPZFK026203F3VBQBV7V7F6XI&nPostingTargetID=262404&step=DIRECT