Event Director (Digital Marketing)
- Closing date: 19-Jul-2022
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Event Management
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: James Buckland
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: James.Buckland@clarionevents.com
- Telephone: 0207 3848088
Clarion’s Digital Marketing Division is the home of two market-leading brands Traffic & Conversion Summit & Affiliate Summit. Traffic & Conversion Summit is the biggest independent digital marketing conference in North America, we have a mind-blowing pedigree of speakers including Richard Branson, Magic Johnson, Martha Stewart, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Affiliate Summit runs the biggest affiliate marketing events in the world, and attracts thousands of advertisers, networks, agencies, and affiliates from the US and across the globe. We don’t run your typical conference, so if you’re looking for a bunch of guys in grey suits, we might not be for you. We bring together SMBs, bloggers, Instagram influencers and the world’s largest eCommerce brands. Our Vegas show sells out every year (well it used to pre-pandemic), but we’re confident we can get back there pretty quickly, as you have probably seen EVERYBODY (including your granny) is now shopping online. The pandemic has changed EVERYTHING. But as hard as this year has been, it has forced the digital marketing industry to pivot and innovate in ways we have never seen before. We are at a really exciting time of transformation in our business as we launch new content for the industry, get back to live events, and ultimately become even more customer obsessed than ever before.
• Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the profit and loss performance for Affiliate Summit and regular financial forecasts for the event and other digital products under the Affiliate Summit brand.
• Delivers on and upholds the value proposition and business plan for Affiliate Summit, through a mixture of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, together with the Content team.
• Uses customer insights to improve sponsor, exhibitor, and attendee experience
• Project manages live event delivery, bringing together all functions (marketing, customer success, sales, ops) to ensure a solid path to a successful event
• Understands key market segments and drivers and reflects them in the direction of the business
• Monitors strengths and weaknesses in competition and identifies USPs for our events and digital products
• Works with the head of sales to implement the key account strategy on Affiliate Summit
• Maintains relationships with Affiliate Summit key customers, and builds relationships with new potential customers who are strategically important for the brand
• Works with Affiliate Summit founders and other stakeholders Knowledge, skills, behaviors:
• Proven experience in a similar role managing a large-scale festival/ conference/exhibition
• Passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing
• Experience managing key customer relationships
• Experience working in the North American events market
• Experience integrating acquisitions and working with founders
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modelling inclusive behaviours, and proactively managing bias
• Curious, humble, with a relentless will to improve
• Customer centric
• Feedback obsessed
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome) Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/) Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count. Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.