(Senior) Digital Sales Executive – Retail Portfolio
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com/careers
Job Title: (Senior) Digital Sales Executive – Retail Portfolio
Reports to: Portfolio Sales Manager
Based at: Richmond, UK
We are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, customer centric senior sales executive/sales executive to join our hard working and high performing team in a busy, and dynamic work environment. You will be working across our retail portfolio selling digital advertising and lead generation packages. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new business, managing and upselling existing accounts, selling the wider retail portfolio including webinars, virtual events etc. as well as promoting other opportunities offered by the retail portfolio team. You will predominately be working on our Essential Retail title which is a leading news and education platform for retail technology professionals globally across all key retail sectors. With over five years of experience in breaking global news in the retail technology space, the knowledgeable editorial writers and industry experts deliver in-depth content focusing on industry hot topics, trends, news, analysis and opinion.
- Develop an understanding of the retail market, its vendors and needs.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, understanding their businesses and marketing needs, and be seen as part of the industry.
- Ability to sell senior level prospects and customers, keeping a good balance between face-to-face and telephone selling to achieve new business and increase revenues from existing customers.
- Keep a schedule and financial tracker up to date in conjunction with the Portfolio Sales Manager.
- Effective management of CRM Campaigns across multiple product lines.
- Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections allowing the Portfolio Sales Manager to budget accordingly.
- Sell digital opportunities to both previous and new customers over the telephone and face to face where required.
- Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Sales Manager to deliver the sales plan.
- Achieve and surpass individual revenue targets across the group.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Proven and successful track record in a relevant sales environment, preferably in the B2B digital media industry.
- Effective telephone sales ability at a senior level
- Experience in consultative selling, maximising revenue from existing customers demonstrating innovation and creativity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- A self-motivated individual with a determined, mature approach and prepared to go that extra mile to achieve/exceed sales targets
About the Company
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.