Senior Front End Engineer - Marketing
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.co.uk
Job title: Senior Front End Engineer - Marketing
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Richmond, London, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America
We’ve recently embarked on the journey to build our next generation events platform. We build and maintain the enterprise content management system to enable our event teams to be able market and showcase our world class exhibitions and delight our customers. We’re constantly A/B testing new ideas and focused on driving ever increasing results for our customers. This is an opportunity to leverage the latest technologies and your expertise to accelerate our growth in this space. We’re looking for a Front-End developer to join our Content Management team.
How will you meet the challenge
Working as part of a highly motivated, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic cross-functional team. You will be creating components within Adobe AEM CMS and integrations with services and APIs from other teams. You will partner closely with the Product & UX team to design, implement, A/B test, iterate and deploy winning experiences in production. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
What Will You Bring
You will be a skilled and passionate Front-End Developer with a flair for graphic design and usability, and an eye for detail. To be successful you will need to be:
- Knowledgeable, confident, collaborative and customer focused with respect to Agile Delivery
- Skilled in Front-End Web UI development, but capable with some backend development.
- Able to work collaboratively with Product Owners, Analysts, UX Designers, Backend Developers and Testers to deliver high quality features and products.
- A skilled negotiator obtaining buy–in from, and resolving conflict with various stakeholders.
- Able and enjoy solving problems, taking action and feeling responsible for delivering results.
- Forward thinking and constantly looking for innovative ways to improve.
What Experience is Required:
- Expert at creating Mobile first, Responsive/Adaptive Designs, and highly competent with CSS Pre-processors, BEM, SMACSS, Templating
- Solid experience developing themes on large scale CMS and web facing applications
- Experience in an agile environment practicing XP methodology with strong exposure to Scrum or Lean, DevOps & CALMS cultures
- A polyglot, confident to develop the full stack from through multiple application tiers.
- Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts, including cross browser / device testing and debugging techniques
- Knowledge of good practice around usability, localisation and accessibility
- Build automation (Grunt / Gulp), Web Components, WebSockets, WebRTC
- Experience developing front-end templates on the Adobe AEM platform.
- Knowledge of development and configuration of the AEM 6.x platform. Including Adobe AEM building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets etc., and the AEM development and deployment process
- Cloud and network aware with AWS Experience
- Native and Hybrid Mobile App Development
- Experience in developing c# or Java based applications
- You actively participate in the development community.
You will have experience in at least some of the following technologies & practices, or equivalent, and be ready to learn the technology where gaps exist.
- CMS: Adobe AEM 6.x platform, OAK repository, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, Tag Management, Google/Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target
- Testing: Pair Programming, TDD, BDD, Selenium Web Driver, mocha, Browser Stack, WebpageTest, google lighthouse, Gatling, (SOLID Principles, Pair Programming).
- CI/CD: Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, maven/proget, Sonaqube, green-blue deployments, canary releases, Docker
- APIs: REST, GraphQL
- Security: OWASP Top 10, Pen Testing
- Cloud: Content Delivery Networks
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.