Senior Sales Executive, Tl>F Travel Forward (6-months contract)
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com/careers
Job Title: Senior Sales Executive, Tl>F Travel Forward (6-months contract)
Reports to: WTM Sales Executive Sales Manager
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
Reed Exhibitions excels in creating high profile, highly targeted business and consumer exhibitions and events to establish and maintain business relations, and generate new business. Every year we run over 500 events in 43 countries, bringing together over 7 million active event participants worldwide in 2016. With over 3700 employees in 41 offices around the globe we serve 43 industries worldwide. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Reed Travel Exhibitions recently launched Tl>F (Travel Forward), a new event to serve the technology needs of the travel & hospitality industries. T>F will promote the future of tourism, sharing best practices and collaborative
working and will sit alongside WTM London 2018. The event format will evolve in emphasis away from just square metre
sales towards an holistic approach built around client needs and objectives.
The event format will therefore comprise:
- A leading edge conference programme with presentations from the experts that are driving the adoption of technologies to better utilise the data sets now available and make faster and more accurate decisions for sales and customer retention
- Thought-leadership, round table debates and discussions
- A curated selection of over 250 key technology and service suppliers in an exhibition format with free to attend ‘try before you buy’ product demonstrations
- Pre-arranged private meetings with key industry buyers
To continue sales of travel technology across the WTM portfolio and to work alongside the Sales Manager T>F during its launch phase we are looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales Executive. You will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with consultative sales management & experience. You will be able to clearly demonstrate you have a successful track record in delivering launch or extensive new business revenues where you have established relationships and converted these to sustainable revenues, additionally you will also have the skills to effectively account manage and portfolio sell to meet client needs and maximise packaged revenues including sponsorship & digital. You must be able to talk the language of tech and be able to persuade senior decision-makers of the merits of T>F by precisely aligning recommendations to their objectives.
Knowledge and experience of the technology sector, exhibitions and the travel industry would be an advantage.
- Selling exhibition space & sponsorship to both previous and new exhibitors over the telephone and face to face where required and introducing and selling a new event and format to technology vendors from inside and outside the travel & hospitality industries.
- Attend Reed Exhibitions’ events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business
- Actively seek out and follow through on new prospects from all relevant sources (trade journals, competitive events etc) and actively source and develop new business areas relevant to the event.
- Accurately and efficiently manage the sales tracker and floor plan of your appointed areas within the show and, be tasked with effective administration
- Where necessary carry out face-to-face presentations to existing and potential exhibitors to secure their involvement
- Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections allowing the Exhibition Manager to budget accordingly
Ideal candidate profile:
- This position requires a well-motivated and confident sales professional who can demonstrate:
- Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (e.g. exhibitions, publishing, B2B environment etc. Exhibitions would be preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop face to face sales techniques
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Excellent administrative skills
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- A highly driven and enthusiastic sales professional
- A proven record of negotiating and securing new business.
- An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
- Strong IT skills
- The candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach.
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.