Senior Software Engineer - Exhibitor Services
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 2089107886
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com/careers
Job title: Senior Software Engineer - Exhibitor Services
Reports to: Engineering Manager – Software Delivery
Location: Richmond, London, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America
Reed Exhibitions has embarked on a digital transformation journey to build our next generation events platform. Exhibition services team build business capabilities through a micro-service architecture to scale appropriately for large exhibition shows during pre-show, at-show and post show stages.
This is an opportunity to leverage some of the latest technologies and use your expertise to accelerate our growth in this space. You will be working as part of a highly motivated, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic cross-functional team where culture is extremely important. You will draw on your past experience, being competent with .Net/c#, design principles, issues of scale & security, competence in CI/CD and familiarity of COTS and OSS tools and products. You will be designing and creating components, applications and algorithms within the Exhibitor Services and also building integrations with services and APIs from other teams. You will partner closely with the Product owner to develop new business capabilities which adhere to standards, are fault tolerant, scalable, robust and easy to support. You will support your team members and mentor more junior team members.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
You will be passionate and have expert knowledge in software development practices and principles. Will have gained sufficient experience to be able to influence at a senior level in a cross-functional delivery teams previously. To be successful you will need to be:
- A people person; must be highly communicative, open, a team player and willing to work with people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Technically competent, collaborative and have a customer focused approach, confident in using agile methodology and software design and development.
- Skilled equally in Backend and Front-End Web UI development, with an eye for detail.
- Able to use a depth and breadth of experience to support technical issues within the team.
- Able and enjoy solving problems, taking action and feeling responsible for delivering results.
- Forward planning and constantly looking for ways to improve with expert development skills.
WHAT EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED
- Proven experience of a senior role within a cross-functional team in an agile environment practicing XP methodology with strong exposure to Scrum or Lean, DevOps & CALMS cultures, requirement elicitation workshops and the end-to-end lifecycle.
- Full Stack Developer background with a proven track record of developing loosely coupled solutions (SOLID Principles, TDD + Pair Programming, BDD) that are secure, scalable, fault tolerant, robust and reliable.
- Demonstrable skills in cloud technologies (AWS preferred), build tools, CI/CD processes.
- Experience with software performance optimization and knowledgeable of .Net concurrent programming.
- At ease with troubleshooting in complex environments through experience using monitoring and logging tools (such as AppDynamics, NewRelic, Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix).
- Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts and the successful delivery of UAT.
- Experienced in working with Product Owners in understanding requirement and architecting solutions.
- Ability to work with distributed teams and taking ownership of solutions.
You will have experience in many of the following technologies & practices, or equivalent and be ready to learn the technology where gaps exist.
- Agility: Lean, Scrum, XP, Pair programming, DevOps, LeSS.
- Design: SOLID Principles, Design patterns, Event Storming, Domain Modelling, DDD, CQRS, Event Driven Architectures and message Queues.
- Testing: Continuous Testing, TDD (XUnit/NUnit), BDD, Selenium Webdriver, Browser Stack, Gatling, Splunk, ELK, Integration Tests, OWASP Top 10, Security By Design.
- Software Factory: Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Sonaqube, powershell, green-blue deployments, canary releases, Docker.
- Cloud: AWS, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, Cloudformation, Chef, Terraform, ELBs, DNS, WAFs, Proxy Servers, CDN, SSL.
- Data: Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, Hadoop.
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to Sandra Geluykens at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.