Delegate Sales Manager UK
- Closing date: 20-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Caitlin Bayley
- Location: West London
- Company name: dmg events
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 02036155912
- Website: https://boards.greenhouse.io/dmgevents/jobs/161535
The Head of Delegate Sales role will report to the Head of Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales and be responsible for selling delegates into dmg energy (Gastech portfolio) products organised from London. Apart from Gastech some of the events are held within the Asia pacific region, whilst others are held in other international markets.
The role is to plan / co-ordinate and sell delegate places to companies and individuals to attend those events held within the Asia pacific region or in other international locations. You will work closely with the Head of Sales Asia to co-ordinate delegate sales across the entire dmg Energy portfolio.
You will work closely with the relevant Event Director / Conference producer and sponsorship sales manager in London to maximise the conference delegate revenues for the territories for which your team is responsible. You will need to effectively target clients and sell the event on the back of the programme itself, follow up on marketing campaigns, and achieving optimum attendance results for the conference.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of B2B delegate sales campaigns for your assigned team’s events in association with the events content and marketing team members. The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative and have the ability to successfully deliver against multiple projects throughout the year – efficiently and effectively following a plan to meet targets and ensure a great customer experience. You are an ambitious yet sociable individual who wants to grow in a role alongside an energetic, entrepreneurial, and vibrant team within a major international publishing PLC.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maximising and optimising delegate sales for each of you products your team is assigned.
- Managing and co-ordinating a team of delegate sales executives.
- Creating sales plans and targets for each delegate team member.
- Monitoring the performance of the team and producing regular management reports.
- Co-ordinating with the marketing, content and event manager for each product.
- Ensuring that the delegate team is adequately equipped / trained.
- Conducting analysis of the target delegate landscape (including but not limited to: market research to ensure that you understand the dimensions of the stakeholder relationships relevant to your events, target market segmentation, identification of industry trends; and monitoring competitive events)
- Keeping up to date with industry publications relevant to the topic areas and audiences of your assigned conferences for developments and trends in the industry and to develop new opportunities
- Working with the content, marketing team and database resources to help select and accurately target prospective delegate organisations, including helping to identify target lists based on how sales campaigns are going and to build and/or fill in the gaps
- Assessing and helping to improve current and prospective customer retention and acquisition strategies
- Following sales plans, meeting targets, and working with marketing on ongoing initiatives that may involve the development of targeted campaigns, collateral, etc.
- Working with the entire project team to ensure that delegate requirements and expectations are met
- Where/when relevant, attending the conference(s) with the objective of re-signing and/or gaining commitment from current delegates/attending companies for individuals/groups to attend the following year’s event(s)
- Head of Sales – regular contact with the Head of Sales to ensure all Global energy strategies are fully integrated and all respective staff are aware of processes
- Frequent contact with all portfolio Directors and Heads of Departments, required to aid portfolio Directors in development and implementation of their short-long term Global related goals.
- Liaison with dmg and co-ordination with overseas offices – Singapore / Middle East and Japan.
- All clients from across the world – regular contact by phone, email and face to face
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
Technical / Functional
- Managing a team of delegate sales executives.
- Training delegate sales team executives.
- Experience in B2B conference delegate sales, ideally in the energy sector (generally speaking, candidates that will be considered should have at least 6-12 months of experience in this sector)
- Experience in the use of databases (particularly salesforce) in both mass and targeted sales campaigns
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Account management/account planning
- Customer-focused, with a consultative selling style, as well as transactional selling experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken (business) English, – other languages could be an advantage, particularly European/Eurasian languages (e.g. Russian )
- Sound commercial awareness, excellent organisational skills
- Highly motivated and proactive with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal
- Excellent people skills
- Be a detailed person
- Communication – excellent written and verbal English
- Time Management
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good team working ethics
- Ability to generate ideas
- Lateral thinking
- Analytical skills
- Ability to travel
Key Success Criteria
- Ability to work across sales, marketing, content and operations teams
- Be well connected with a solid oil and gas background
- To simultaneously manage a multitude of strategies across international portfolios
- A team player
To apply for this role please copy and paste the link below in your preferred web browser to successfully submit an application: https://boards.greenhouse.io/dmgevents/jobs/1615354