Data Strategy Manager - Energy
- Closing date: 30-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
In 2018 Clarion Energy acquired PennWell Corporation. As part of the integration, we have taken a number of PennWell’s leading brands including DISTRIBUTECH, HydroVision & POWERGEN and added them to our Utility Week and Future Energy events to form the Power & Energy Series from Clarion Energy, a World Leading Portfolio of Events.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Data Strategy Manager will devise and implement strategies to improve the quality of our existing customer data, and work with our overseas offices to ensure best quality information is acquired on incoming data, via our multiple data touch points. The successful candidate will work with our UK, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa and United States offices to ensure consistency and best practice is upheld throughout the portfolio.
This role calls for an ambitious professional who is able to work with complex information and with a strong eye for detail. The main goal is to significantly increase customer engagement, attract new audience profiles, segment, manage and maintain a healthy growth of the Energy portfolio’s database. The role will include management of a Marketing Executive to help implement strategies.
- Collect, manage and analyse data from multiple data sources.
- Devise strategy for VIP exhibitors, VIP visitors and VIP speakers per event
- Manage ongoing database and mailing lists and ensure database quality by working with event marketing leads on maintenance, data hygiene and quality control procedures
- Create data connections and relationships based on audience profiles / segment needs
- Devise tactical approach to improve insight on customers including the re-classification from legacy to new industry product interest headings.
- Develop controls to monitor and analyse the flow of data between Pardot and Salesforce, making recommendations where necessary
- Conduct assessments and analysis of customer behaviour, market potential and segment needs
- Identify, advise and implement best-in-class tool suites for customer identification, consent management, omnichannel campaign management, tracking and measurement and business intelligence functions
- Work with Marketing Director to report on portfolio data engagement, leads generated and conversions
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience with registration/category headings is required
- Working knowledge of pardot/salesforce is a desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of the marketing function and its purpose
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, innovative and creative
- Excellent administration, time management and organisational skills
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.