Conference Producer - EnergyNet
- Closing date: 30-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in one of the most exciting and fastest growing sectors in the world- Africa’s Power Sector. The EnergyNet team is made up of around 25 people who are all passionate about the work they do in a supportive and collaborative environment.
The Conference Producer will be responsible for the research, programme development, speaker acquisition, marketing plan and project management of high level events in EnergyNet’s Africa portfolio. The role involves working alongside the marketing and sales teams to ensure the event achieves its goals and targets and meets the needs of the audience and sponsors.
- Work towards managing and leading a high quality portfolio of events focused on the development of Africa’s energy sector
- Lead the project and your team – including sales, marketing and delegate sales.
- Conduct in-depth market and industry research over the phone and in person to develop strong topical event agenda’s
- Investigate and generate new topic ideas in alignment with global and regional trends, and provide direction to the conference content
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, shareholders, committee members, advisors, associations and senior government representatives including Ministers.
- Work with MD and Group Director to produce strategy for future direction of the events.
- Manage long term supporters as well as connect with and build relationships with new clients, speakers and media partners.
- Work with the marketing team in the successful promotion of the forums
- Write promotional copy for the event programmes.
- Work with and direct the sponsorship team and delegate sales team to ensure commercial targets are met.
- Work with MD and Group Director to manage the budget for the event.
- Excellent management of conference onsite, including dealing with speakers and delegates and logistical arrangements to ensure flawless delivery of the event.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role producing high level conferences with demonstrable success in growing both the delegate and sponsorship revenue through the production of commercial programmes
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- French speaking preferred – both verbal and written
- Strong project management skills
- Strategic thinking and forward planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge or interest in the sector preferred
- Highly organised
- Team player
- Dedication, commitment and strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel internationally as required
- Strong relationship developer, will be able to develop larger advisory boards of senior industry buyers and leverage these relationships to drive sales and commerciality of the programme
- A strong copy writer, able to clearly communicate an effective value proposition across their team
- Proven experience in developing new topics and launch events profitably
- Proactive, results driven, highly motivated
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.