Conference Credit Controller - Finance
- Closing date: 29-Feb-2020
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is available within our fast paced Conference Credit Control department who are responsible for maximizing cash flow and minimizing debt through effective and proactive credit control. You will work as part of a team to ensure that all sales are invoiced promptly and accurately, a clean sales ledger is maintained at all times, cash flow is maximized by prompt collection of payments and you will work to ensure all debts are collected before the show open/close date.
The candidate will be professional, commercially minded, authoritative and able to demonstrate knowledge of successful credit control processes. The candidate will be able to work on their own initiative and must be resilient and respond well under pressure, show high levels of confidence, be customer focused and be able to problem-solve quickly, assume ownership of any problems and get back to our customers in as short a time frame as possible. Exceptional organisational and time management skills are therefore essential, and experience of working in conferences is preferred.
- Responsible for all invoicing on the allocated portfolios within the Clarion Group. This includes delegate invoices as per the delegate registration system and any after show sundry invoices.
- Liaising with show teams when doing Regular Revenue Reconciliations (Month End and then weekly the month the event takes place).
- Working with the sales ledger manager to keep clean ledgers, this include allocations of payments, credit notes and any other adjustments relating to revenue.
- Dealing with any incoming event enquiries and all documentation in a timely manner.
General Credit Control:
- To ensure all event invoices are paid as close to due date as possible.
- To ensure all event debtor queries are dealt with promptly.
- To ensure that pre-show debt reports are maintained properly.
- To ensure that Clarion’s overall debt exposure is kept to a bare minimum.
Pro- active Credit Control
- Liaising with Show Teams to ensure contracts are properly completed and returned in good time.
- Liaising with Show Teams with regard to potential bad debtors.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with Sponsor & Delegates.
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with show teams and direct team members.
- Ensuring customers records are maintained and that credit notes and unallocated cash receipts are kept to a minimum.
- To be aware of future shows and the potential debt exposure.
- Assisting your team members when not busy and to cover annual leave as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviour
- Search out errors; rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken.
- Seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in an efficient manner.
- The job requires a person who has an innate need to get things right. Formulas, facts, logic and system are important aspects of the position.
- The person fulfilling this function should have the ability to work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Attention to detail is also required for the position.
- Previous Experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with VAT and TAX regulations within the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
- Adaptability to work with different currency’s and FX rates.
- Confidence & adaptability with dealing with different IT systems.
- Knowledge of Salesforce & Workday is an advantage.
- Good Excel skills.
- Contribute to strong working relationships within team to share best practice.
- Good and confident telephone manner.
To be aware of and embody our values of Passion, Imagination, Care and Trust.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.