Commercial Sales Manager
- Closing date: 01-Apr-2022
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Shevaughne Guilbride
- Company name: dmg events
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.dmgevents.com
The Commercial Sales Manager will be charged with securing sponsorship and exhibition revenue for events in dmg’s LNG, Gas & New Energies Portfolio. This role is only suitable for a tenacious, driven, solution finding self-starter, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who is ambitious and hungry for success.
This is a crucial time for the energy industry as it rapidly adapts and evolves to meet net-zero ambitions across the globe as part of the energy transition. dmg events is committed to playing a key role in bringing together the major stakeholders to meet critical decarbonisation goals.
You will be responsible for the execution of B2B sponsorship and exhibition sales campaigns of your assigned event and accounts, so the ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative, in addition to having the ability to successfully deliver against multiple projects throughout the year – efficiently and effectively following a plan to meeting targets and ensure a great customer experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Vendor Analysis - conduct market research to ensure you understand the dimensions of the vendor / client relationships in the market relevant to your events, target market segmentation, identification of industry trends; and monitoring competitive event performance.
- Business Development – consult with new and existing clients to identify needs, build demand and sell show packages (single and group) to the event’s target market group.
- Planning – develop sales plans as specified as well as coordinating on-going sales initiatives, including coordination with the conferences and exhibition marketing managers of the sponsorship marketing (online and offline) campaign and relationships with relevant external partners that can help promote the events to vendors.
- Sales Targets – Take full ownership of your allocated clients, revenue targets, new business development and reporting.
- Research – identify and qualify new leads and input the data into our CRM.
- Operational Execution – Oversee the administration and fulfilment of each sponsorship package sold in liaison with event operations.
- Collaboration – working closely with production, marketing and sponsorship teams internally to ensure that you are accurately targeting potential customers and clients.
- Commercial Knowledge – Keep up to date via a wide range of material including various industry publications relevant to the topic areas and audiences of your assigned events for developments and trends in the industry.
- Personal Development – take a deep interest in the sales discipline and LNG industry; showing the ability to learn fast and absorb information.
- Travel – where relevant attending the event with the objective of re-signing and/or gaining commitment from sponsors and exhibitors to attend the following year’s event.
What we look for in the ideal candidate – You will
- Have excellent telephones sales manner with consistently high call rates.
- Have 1 to 3 years’ experience in B2B conference sponsorship and exhibition sales, ideally in the energy sector.
- Be a serial networker and social media savvy.
- Have technical experience with contract management, budget management, and proposal writing.
- Have experience in the use of databases (preferably Salesforce) in both mass and targeted sales campaigns.
- Be able to cross and up sell opportunities and products.
- Focus on the customer needs AND seek win/win agreements.
- This role is an excellent springboard into more senior sales roles and potentially junior management positions.
- Excellent verbal and written English – other languages will be an advantage.
- Foreign language skills is a plus, particularly Spanish and Portuguese as well as French
- Customer Focused – put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Harding working - Strong work ethic representing our industry leading brands
- Studious - Desire to learn and embrace best practice within your discipline
- Respectful – demonstrate consistency and reliability in all areas
- Collaborative – display open communication and innovation
- Proactive – take initiative on opportunities and test your ideas
- Efficient – display excellent time management and prioritisation
- Effective – focusing on the right things at the right time to deliver the best results