Commercial Manager - TPL
- Closing date: 31-May-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Due to a member of the team taking a year’s maternity leave, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Commercial Manager to work on a double digit growth show within Clarion.
Transport Ticketing has grown from a small conference to a large Confex, experiencing double digit growth for the last 6 years. As we move the event to a larger venue to support further expansion, this is a great opportunity for a highly ambitious Commercial Manager to accelerate that growth.
The successful candidate will have proven sales management experience, particularly in developing new business and working on growing exhibitions. The candidate will be self-starting, confident, creative individual who is keen to develop a deep understanding of their markets and a passionate desire to be the very best at what we do.
- Meeting and exceeding personal and event sales targets
- Managing key accounts through the growth of the events
- Identifying and securing new accounts to support the growth of the events
- Ensuring that the event sales plan is delivered and adding to the plan where appropriate
- Managing the event floorplan and allocating space to maximise the floorplan and onsite experience
- Weekly sales and pipeline reporting
- Day to day management of 1 sales executive
- Providing feedback on performance and compliance KPI’s to direct reports using Salesforce metrics.
- Developing sales plans and critical paths to enable reporting against progress
- Providing accurate forecast and ensuring that forecasts tally with salesforce data
- Assisting in the evaluation and development of potential new launches
- Contributing to the development of the show including evaluating new areas for growth
- Tracking competitor events and activities and create plans to mitigate/exploit strengths or weaknesses
- Market sizing and assisting in developing our list of prospects for new growth areas
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of creating commercial strategy using Salesforce insights.
- Knowledge of Salesforce best practice sales behaviours for all direct and indirect reports.
- Able to provide consistent accurate forecasting through Salesforce where required
The candidate will have experience of selling on tech shows, including:
- Track record of developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven approach to developing new business sales
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of how to build and scale events
- Ability to work across a broad team, interacting with a number of internal stakeholders
- Continually seek to maintain and further develop excellent market and product knowledge
- Project planning and management skills
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.