Business Development Manager
- Closing date: 31-Jul-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Jacqui Walker
- Location: Home based with Head Office in York
- Company name: CHS GROUP
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01904 406325
- Website: http://www.chsgroupuk.com
About the company
CHS Group connects hotels, venues and specialist suppliers with UK event professionals by delivering trade exhibitions, meet the buyer forums and an awards programme.
We currently organise:
- The Conference and Hospitality Show, a trade show with over 230 exhibitors in West Yorkshire (www.conferenceandhospitalityshow.co.uk)
- CHS Awards, an awards programme recognising hotels/venues and individuals within the hospitality industry (www.chsawards.co.uk)
- Independent Venue Roadshows, a series of meet the buyer events for independently owned hotels and venues (www.chsgroupuk.com)
- London MICE Forum
As a team we are results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial. We are ambitious, vibrant, hardworking and energetic. To join our team you must share our values and team culture and you will be rewarded with flexible working, respect, a fun company to work for and a role that you can be proud of.
The duties are but are not limited to:
- Contribute to and implement the exhibition and sponsorship sales plan
- Actively source new clients who do not currently work with CHS Group creating a substantial sales pipeline
- Confidently deliver sales Presentations, face to face, by telephone and at events.
- Research new potential exhibitors and attend relevant exhibitions/events
- Monitor and evaluate the marketplace, keeping abreast of new developments
- Weekly sales reporting and keeping the CRM system up to date
- Visit major clients wherever possible to cement relationships and advise on taking appropriate sized stand and to sell additional sponsorships
- Research prospective clients and establish a sales pipeline which lead Generate sales leads online, in person and on the telephone
- Update exhibition floor plan accurately
- Maintain database, update client records, add new prospects regularly, and update exhibition layout design to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Sales reporting; check weekly/monthly reports against sales targets
- Liaise with operations team to ensure information is passed on correctly
- Chase signed contracts from exhibitors.
Who are we looking for?
We’re on an exciting journey to build our events portfolio and we’re looking for someone who is accountable, fully engaged, and thrives on being successful and reporting on their results. We’re looking for someone who will share the feeling that our clients get when they win new business – the buzz, the high, the sense of achievement.
As a team, we love the thrill of exceeding targets, supporting each other with our positive energy and showing grit and determination when the going gets tough. We’re still a relatively small team, so whilst you’ll have the support of your Line Manager, we don’t have time to micro-manage – so you’ll need to rely on your own passion and drive to make every day count.
Finally, integrity is key to our culture, so if you’re used to cutting corners or saying ‘that will do’ then this role isn’t for you. You’ll be working with a company that has a great reputation for being open and honest with support from your colleagues who share your passion and drive.
- Ability to achieve agreed sales target through generating new business and retaining existing clients whilst working on concurrent event cycles
- Over two years sales experience in a new business development role ideally within the meetings and events industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good team-player with strong Inter-personal skills
- Able to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm and commitment to succeed
- Enjoy working in a team environment and would thrive in an active/busy role, which requires working without supervision and using his/her own initiative
- Excellent understanding of the meetings industry and challenges that our target audience face
- Demonstrable knowledge of the sales process and the ability to sell a range of events concurrently
- A strong drive and ambition, with a hunger to reach and exceed targets with a ‘can do’ approach to work
- Passionate about customers; presenting trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base
- Effective active listening and communication skills.
Candidates who expect to be shortlisted should demonstrate that they have researched what we do as a company, the type of clients we have and how we should be delivering results to our clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer
To apply please complete our application form and submit your CV via this link: https://blog.chsgroupuk.com/we-are-looking-for-a-new-business-development-manager