Brand & Marketing Manager
- Closing date: 23-May-2021
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Dee Lacey
- Location: Loughton, Essex
- Company name: Media 10 Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 02032255200
Grand Designs Live (London and Birmingham) is an award-wining self-build and home improvement event, based on the hugely popular TV series presented by Kevin McCloud. The shows attract over 100,000 visitors each year.
The show is split into six project zones offering products and advice from over 400 exhibitors across Build, Gardens, Interiors, Kitchens & Bathrooms, technology and design.
At the NEC, the show forms part of UK Construction Week which attracts trade professionals across the build and construction industry.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience in an events marketing role, who may be a Senior Exec or Assistant Manager moving up to Manager level, or is already Marketing Manager looking to make a mark on one of the UK’s biggest consumer shows. They will be responsible for the full marketing mix (including above-the-line, eCRM, digital and social) and experience in the exhibitions/events sector is essential. An active interest in home interest or the Grand Designs brand is a plus. They will have excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail as well as being able to hit the ground running to assist a busy and dynamic hard working team.
You will be confident, ambitious, an excellent communicator and have the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver them on time and in budget. The ideal candidate will be personable, hard-working, efficient and organised, a strategic thinker, and have a great sense of humour!
- Develop in consultation with the Managing Director and Marketing Director integrated vis-prom and exhib-prom marketing campaign strategies and activity plans that use channels effectively and that will achieve campaign objectives
- Working with the Managing Director and Marketing Director, to identify and secure essential media partnerships and other third party promotional partnerships, delivering strategies to maximise their support for your exhibition
- To produce and manage a positive web presence for your exhibition which is easy to find and navigate, and which is regularly updated. Also, to ensure your exhibition is present and up to date on all relevant corporate and industry websites.
- Manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of integrated marketing campaigns, on time and within agreed budget
- Work with key stakeholders to implement campaign activity
- Brief external agencies including creative, digital, PR and media planning agencies to deliver campaign activity against brief
- Manage agency campaign implementation and performance against agreed campaign activity
- Be responsible for the production and sourcing of all campaign materials
- Deliver campaign activity presentations and regular results presentations
- Ensure each campaign has clear metrics as agreed with the Managing Director and Marketing Director to ensure that campaigns are achieving appropriate return on investment in line with set goals
- Carry out post campaign analysis to report KPIs and distribute learning for future campaigns
- Work with the Managing Director and Marketing Director to understand stakeholder feedback to influence future campaign work
- Complete competitor benchmarking for promotional activity and report regularly to the Managing Director and Marketing Director
- Participate in events and promotional activities necessary to support the promotion of the programme, if required
- Coordinate campaign activity including website updates, social media activity and PR activity to deliver campaign objectives
- To work at on site at your exhibition, managing the press office, overseeing photography and videography at show and managing specific events within the programme.
- Develop CRM strategies for each campaign and coordinate CRM activity with the marketing executive including communication emails, data pulls etc.
- Coordinate event activity at events with the events team
- Liaise with the Managing Director and Marketing Director to ensure campaign materials are aligned to overall collateral guidelines
- Liaise with the PR and internal communications teams to deliver supporting activity for campaigns as required
- Provide daily ticket reports and analyse sales performance on a weekly basis, ensuring key stakeholders are updated when required
- Be an ambassador of the brand, managing relationships with the rights owner, Channel 4 and Kevin McCloud alongside the Managing Director and Marketing Director
- Input to the annual Strategic Marketing Planning process with the Managing Director and Marketing Director
- To ensure accuracy of marketing materials and be responsible for formal sign off process where required
- Adhere to all policies and procedures with regards to budget expenditure, displaying budget control and reporting any variances promptly to the Managing Director and Marketing Director
- Manage the Marketing Executive setting objectives and roles to support campaign
What you are good at
You are super confident and enjoy being part of a busy and dynamic team. You drive positivity and strive to create a culture of continuous improvement. Leading from the front with a strong work ethic and a great sense of humour you will be able to manage multiple projects and deliver them on time.
- Detail, detail, detail
- You strive to do things better
- Copy-writing (you’re a whizz)
- Planning and organising
- Communicating at all levels
- Relationship building
- Strategic and thinking outside of the box
What we’ll do for you:
- Make you feel like part of a family and know your name – you’re not just a number here!
- Give you a bespoke career development plan to encourage you to develop your skills, strengths and long-term career
- Recognise your contribution and hard work
- Ensure you get to work on the best brands in the industry