Assistant Accountant - Finance
- Closing date: 30-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to develop experience in financial accounting and support for obtaining relevant qualifications may be available. Reporting to the Head Office Finance Manager, the role will also work with the wider finance team in the UK and globally, as well as direct contact with board executives, senior managers and sales/operational teams.
- Accounting – Month-End & Annual Accounts
- Month end preparation of a central cost center for review by the Head Office Finance Manager. Attending cost center review meetings where the actuals and forecast are discussed.
- Post payroll journals across the UK group. Ensuring costs accurately posted and all intercompany payroll recharges recorded accurately.
- Review intercompany balances across the group to ensure they balance. Work with global team to clear any differences
- Prepare the details for the National Statistics Office returns plus any other returns as requested
- Balance sheet reconciliations for accruals, prepayments, intercompany control account, and payroll control accounts for the UK and Dutch companies.
- Ownership of cancel and abandonment insurance and the associated work in progress reconciliations, assisting in the true up to actuals processes in conjunction with the management accountants.
- Detailed Exceptional cost preparation
- Compilation of monthly capex schedules
Budgets and Forecasts
- Assisting the Head Office Finance Manager in preparation of the central cost centers budgets
- Assisting in the preparation of the year end capex forecast
- Forecast venue rent payments for the next 12 months to be included in the UK and Group cash flow.
- Work with Financial Accounting team to ensure management and statutory accounting reconciliation, treatment of dividends etc.
- Initial preparation of the UK subsidiary financial statements for submission to the financial accountant for review.
- Assistance with some of the Group financial statement note disclosures such as related parties.
- Assist with the compilation of information to support corporation tax returns
- Assist with the compilation of information to support the PSA tax calculation
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis requests as and when required
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications and experience are suited as directed by the Company
- To adhere to the company’s core values of Passion, Imagination, Care & Trust
- Communications and working relationships
- Clarion Finance team (UK & Overseas)
- Show teams
- External advisors
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Part qualified accountants (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) would be considered
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a fast paced environment and be flexible with tasks where necessary
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to build key relationships throughout the business
- Knowledge of event industry beneficial
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.