- Closing date: 08-Aug-2022
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Event Management
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Nichola Bell
- Location: Preston, Lancashire
- Company name: Arc
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.agriconnect.com
This role is a brand champion for Agriconnect’s growing events portfolio, reporting to the Head of Events. Agriconnect is part of the Arc network, an ambitious global events, data and information group.
As an Event Manager, you will be responsible for planning and producing exhibitions, awards and conferences from brief to execution, with a strong focus on messaging and content development.
Covering aspects such as researching and creating fresh event/conference topics and ideas and project management. You will lead on event/conference agendas and event experiences that respond to the needs of both audiences and clients. Working alongside the sales, operations, content and marketing teams you will assist in sponsorship identification, event content and communications and sourcing of speakers.
The person in this role will make their mark by developing existing events and creating new ones in a growing market.
- Coordinating internal and external resource for successful delivery of our events
- Help build plans of future new events and strategy
- Research the viability of event topics and features by conducting in-depth research with the agricultural industry – clients, farmers, competitors and key industry bodies and associations
- Creation of event committee groups to include associations, senior industry bodies and farmers that help support the development of current and new event experiences
- Collaborate the content team to create draft program agendas and add additional event features. Including speaker outreach
- Leading and/or supporting the planning and execution of multiple events from briefing to design to delivery.
- Manage events from initial planning through to execution and reconciliation, working closely with the events operations team
- Budgeting, time tracking, and reconciliation
- Maximising and monitoring opportunities for increasing value adds savings and cost efficiencies
- Guide show content (graphics, presentations, video, technical elements, etc.)
- Work with the marketing department to ensure that they are targeting the right market with the right messaging
- Source appropriate partners to promote the events
- Work with Sales to identify additional revenue generating opportunities and support sales with thought leading content opportunities.
- Support the Head of Events to manage the event strategies, budgets and P&L
- Proven history of delivering successful events
- Self-motivated and enjoy keeping up the date with the latest news, trends, and marketing
- Commercially minded, good collaboration with sales functions
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills, confident in curating and writing copy
- An ability to use analytical insight to make creative yet factual recommendations
- Full knowledge of creative, logistical, technical, operational and production procedures
- Calm, resilient, and the ability to work well under pressure
- Confident in researching and speaking to stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of balancing the needs and demands of internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver internal and external objectives for team KPI achievement
- Agricultural knowledge/experience would be desirable but not essential
In return as our Event Manager, we offer:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after two years’ service
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Free life assurance
- Parking on site
- Company pension scheme with matched contributions up to 6%
- Hybrid working pattern
- Ongoing training - throughout your career at Agriconnect you will receive continued career development support from our management team
- Exceptional career progression. We are ever-evolving, if you work hard and do well - with our help and support there are no limits to your speed of progress
We strive to create a culture that is open and respectful, where differences are valued and celebrated. We want everyone to be able to reach their full potential, so we are committed to cultivating a company that promotes inclusion and belonging.
If you would like to apply for the role please send your CV to Nichola.firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 8th August 2022.